- Cash Donations
- Bus Tokens
- Healthy canned food options
- Can Openers, Pots, Pans, Plates, Bowls, Silverware
- Travel-size Shampoo, Toothpaste, Towels, Razors, Deodorant
- New Underwear (in various sizes), Men's New or Gently Used Pants and Shoes, Hats, Gloves
- Cough Drops, Cold/Flu Medications (without alcohol), Tissue Packs, Shower Sandals, Antacid, Tylenol or Advil, 3 oz. Disposable Cups
IN-KIND DONATION POLICY
There may be other organizations in the community that can take the items we cannot accept. Before visiting or donating to these organizations, please contact them to ensure they can utilize your donation.
For Food Rescue, please contact Eat Greater Des Moines at 515-491-1891.
1203 Hartford Ave.
Des Moines, IA 50315
St. Mary Family Center
1815 Hubbell Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50316
Salvation Army Thrift Store
133 East 2nd Street, Des Moines
4620 SE 14th Street, Des Moines
105 East Euclid Avenue, Des Moines
708 South Ankeny Blvd, Ankeny
Society of St. Vincent de Paul
1426 Sixth Ave.
109 SW 63rd St.
Donations are accepted at 1420 Mulberry St. Monday – Friday between 8:00am and 3:00pm. Donations are no longer accepted on weekends.
Our ability to accept donations is subject to change due to the number of donations already received and limited storage. Please call ahead to arrange a large donation or if you are making a special trip to donate. Volunteers/Staff have the right to not accept any donations.
Address mail-in donations to:
Central Iowa Shelter & Services
1420 Mulberry Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
Make your meals matter.
Your unserved leftover food can become meals for Central Iowa Shelter & Services. To donate, call 515-284-5719.
Concerned? The Emerson Good Samaritan Act of 1996 protects you.